Poetry: And If


                        AND IF


And if he leaves before me,
Then it's alright,
I'll live knowing he was all I needed,
Although the pain of losing him,
Is far greater than a mother's childbirth,
or a thousand needles piercing a broken heart,
at least my soul is one with his peaceful love

I've never asked for much,
Someone to hold my hand in darkness,
Perhaps someone to hug when in despair,
Or just someone to laugh with all my heart,
Isn't it amazing how simple life is

And if scavenging this Earth,
Brings me nothing but emptiness,
I shall embrace that very silence,
With my spirit free from unneeded expectations,
and my mind open wide as an vacant book

Waiting seems harder by the day,
When time appears to get older,
Creating memories to remember,
and only stories to share,
Wicked are the hands of the clock,
That keeps ticking without a  pause,
While you lay helplessly longing for the past,
Cry,
Cry now,
Release the sorrow of time,
Wipe it away with your tears,
That is all left to do,

And if I refuse to forgive,
His swornful betrayal to my love,
Heavens would understand why,
For it isn't easy to let go the hurt,
The long torture to my existence,
How can a mere 'Sorry' change anything,
Would it heal the permanent scars on my soul,
Or would it erase the pain I felt at each breath,
This I am unready for,
Only time wil tell





By Jessica John Poskođź’—










Comments