Poetry :Wine and Nuggets

                               Wine and Nuggets
He brought wine that night,
Under the starry dark fall it seemed right, 
As they shared their smiles and silly fights, 
All she could ever wish for was him to never leave her sight,

How wonderful God's plans are, 
They've waited far too long to heal their scars, 
As they laughed their hearts out by his car, 
Gazing each others eyes reaching to their deepest soul drifted afar,

She was so sure he was the One, 
For in her dreams he run, 
And in her thoughts he'd won,  
But did he feel the same was what's undone,

The cigarette bud burnt as he breathed in, 
Smoke engulfed the image of his face clean, 
It wasn't his fault to begin, 
Surrounded by whiskeys, Scotches and Gin, 
He succumbed to societal addiction within, 
If only life was fair to him as it should've been, 
Neither him nor I would be far way akin


Kind and caring was he, 
Not his image you shall judge but his heart was the key, 
Love was our song, joy was our plea, 
Both realised and hoped this would be, 
All that they waited for all their life's to see, 
Together in his arms and on her shoulders with glee,


I've known him since we were children, 
Funny how we still are in our hearts deeply hidden, 
We rarely talked or said much then even, 
Somehow life got us attached, somehow it's unwritten, 
Least there's something to hold on to, 
something to believe in


And if you feel that I'm not what you're looking for, 
Forgive me my dear this is all I am nothing more, 
If still acceptance and love is left at your closed door, 
I will go taking only what's left of us with my heart sore, 
Despite this deep pain and soul you tore, 
I know God's merciful and I deserved much more,

I'm walking through this unpredictable journey with you, 
My fingers crossed behind my back hoping you're true, 
Because my hearts been hurt far too many times a few, 
Please prove me wrong for once oh please do, 
You'd be the last place my heart would fall to, 
And if by chance the gift of my heart you threw, 
I'd turn away forever from love trust me it's true, 
I'll live a life knowing I'm better off alone that with anyone of you,


For sadness and despair was all I had found, 
Till this living years of my life no love that came unbound, 
In desperate lies and fake promises  I've drowned, 
Enough I say, I've waited and waited and nothing came around, 
So it is in nothing I shall continue the quest for self love's crown. 




By Jessica John Poskođź’—





Comments