Poetry: Sorry

                       
                                                           SORRY

      
I still read our old texts,
Sometimes the tears fall, 
And I sigh, 
Why do we hurt like this?, 
Is this worth the life we're living,
I miss you like how the dessert misses the rain,
Or like how the flowers yearn for the sun,
I hope you still keep me in your memories, 
And remember them sometimes, 
Because you always cross my mind, 
When I'm walking down the streets we used to walk, 
Or when I'm praying in the dead silence, 
I ask God to keep you safe and well, 
Away from loneliness and harm, 
Although I dearly wish to hold you in my arms, 
As you pour your heart out on your day's woes, 
Just to comfort you when you need someone, 

Come my love, 
Lay your head on my lap, 
And I'll l sing you a lullaby, 
Rest your tired eyes in my tune, 
And I'll brush you hair till you fall asleep, 
Lay your stone of burden on my shoulders, 
I'll help you carry them together with you, 
For I'm always there walking in your shadows, 
And in the depths of your heart
I don't know why I feel this way, 
Despite you hurting me so very deeply,
It's an unbearable ache I wish upon no one, 
If you ever did find someone better, 
I pray that she gives you all of her love, 
To be with you in times of despair, 
And to laugh along with you with joy, 
I hope she'd be true to you, all your lives, 
Although I long to stand in front of you at the altar, 
Dressed beautifully in purest white, 
Holding your hands as I pour out my promises, 
I imagined myself tearing up as you read your vows, 
Oh, such a wonderful sight it is, 

I'm sorry if I ever hurt you my dear, 
Never meant to scar your heart, 
I just need my space for a while now, 
To inhale reality, 
That you left me with no love, 
Nor a genuine apology that I rightfully deserved, 
Used to be filled with anger and despair, 
Then realised life isn't permanent nor is it fair, 
Maybe I'm a giver who wishes for a giver, 
Willing to offer his life for a wonderful future 


By Jessica John Posko ❤️


Comments