Poetry: If Only

                                                                  If Only
                                                 







Why did you leave me,
Was it not love that I showered,
Or maybe i'm just not that pretty,
You threw me away into the dirt,
Never knew my love came with a fee













This sea of tears fills my eyes,
Pulling me deeper into the dark bottom,
echoing into my ears are your lies,
oh and your warm hugs how could I forget them











You flash by my confused mind every now and then,
Although I was never in yours,
Tried to erase them away but no matter how how fast I ran,
There was always this silent sad pause,










Visited the places we used to go,
God, make this deep sadness dissapear,
the more I try the ache hurts more,
I wish to go somewhere farway from here
















Everytime I hear the songs played,
I imagined our happy ending,
and those happy times shall never fade,
dear it was a wonderful wedding,















I was tired and weak from work,
Yet I came when you were sick,
but you ended up being a jerk,
should have realized then,
 your heart was as hard as brick

















I'm so mad at myself,
To always run to our memories seeking refuge,
Whenever I'm down and earses were deaf,
Little did I know I'd drown n this heavy deluge


















By Jessica John Posko 💗









Comments