`Poetry: Wounds

                                                                Wounds

Related image





It's been three months now,
Has it been that long Oh wow,
I've been better now so far somehow,
At least I'm trying myself to allow,









Related image




Yet you slide into my memories sometimes,
When I stare back at the moon or watch the morning's sunrise,
I imagined you waking up right by my side,
Smiling as you brush my hair aside,
Engraving your warm kisses on my forehead as it reside,
Cuddling me in your arms by your heart right beside,
Oh how wonderful that would be the happiest joyride








Albeit that beautiful sight,
Something in me died,
When you told me you didn't love me that night,
I keep thinking about it and lost myself as I cried,
How deeply you rooted your seeds so hard but lied,
These wounds of my soul are still healing inside,
As I try to move on with life with your memories untied,
And live a better life, more meaningful, more dignified,
At times I wish I had got the courage to decide,
Then,
That we were never meant to live with each other alongside,
Should have stayed away from you far away never coincide,
Oh how foolish I was to stay with you and take the ride,
Now I'm left alone scared of love more terrified,
I hate your ego, your selfishness and your pride,
My love for you was pure and unending as oceans wide,
Yet you threw me away without a fight,




Related image




As if I was nothing but trash out of your sight,
I hated you for that, that very night
I'm still angry at myself for still holding on to you so tight,
When all you wanted to do was just leave me under the bright moonlight,
How could you,
Tell me,
Why did you,
These answers are still left unjustified,
As I gather my strength to let it subside,
I'll never forget what you said and did that midnight,



I don't need such man in my life,
The one who's cowardly hurting another being like a knife,
Why would I live a life with you in such strife,
When something as simple as love you can't provide nor revive,




Please say something












By Jessica John Posko 💗






Comments