Poetry: Broken Road


                                                    
                                                    Broken Road





Many years ago,
I set out on a narrow way, 
With little courage and a sprinkle of faith,
Hoping I would find true love, 
Along the broken road,
Although full of adventures and memories it was,  
But I got lost a time or two, 
Wiped my tears and kept pushing through,
Painful as it was yet wiser with time,
Funny how I couldn't see how every sign, 
Guided me straight to you, 












That every long lost dreams,
Unfailing hopes and secret wishes upon the moon, 
Lead me to where you are,
Unexpectedly near never far,
And others who broke my heart, 
They were like northern star, 
Guiding me on my way into your loving arms, 
This much I know is true,
Perhaps the universe believes so too,
That God blessed the broken road, 
And led me straight to you, 














I think about the years I spent, 
Just passing through,
Not knowing what life meant,
Taking each day anew,
I'd like to have the time I lost, 
And give it back to you,
Every second of every minute as we grew,
But you just smile and take my hand, 
You've been there you understand, 
Maybe it's all part of a grander plan, 
That soon, or so I hope, will come true

With all my heart, body, mind & soul

By Jessica John Posko ❤️





Comments