Poetry: Mr Funny Bone

                                                             Mr Funny Bone



Thank you for loving me,  
in times i've despised life,
when i have tasted disparity,
and loneliness a hated company,
















was walking along the park, 
the other day, 
the skies drizzled earlier, 
drenched withered yellow flame flowers, 
washed along the concrete pavements, 
tried avoiding stepping on them,
to the strums of the playing guitar, 
in my ears, 
admired the little red honeysuckles, 
perched on the luscious green and brown bushes, 
they looked pretty, 
colours, amidst the gloomy quiet streets, 










I miss going to the park with you, 
sitting by your side, 
sharing my whimsicals, 
and kissing your beard,
on the wooden bench, 
under the tall trumpet tree,  
brushing my brown cheeks, 
onto your black strands, 
it tickled, 
but i liked it,

remember our teeny bets?
i still am better at thumb wrestling, 
although your biceps are little bigger, 
oh, 
of which i love laying my head on, 
comfy, 
you looked amazingly hunky,
in that brown Benjamin Barkers' i bought you,
although you thought it was a little baggy,
handsome,


your neck (and arms) are my sanctuary, 
i think you had known that by now, 
proud black and red, 
bite sized hickeys, 
my hands on your bare chest, 
miss your charming fragrance, 
"ladies magnet" you'd say, 
cheeky, 












i love how you make me laugh, 
your annoying puns, 
and your lame jokes,
they make me forget about pain,
of how tough the day was at the hospital,
or how tired i really am, 
my dear handsome Mr Funny Bone, 
pinch your plumpy pair of cheeks for me,
its been a long time since this lockdown,
dreadful, 
i'd think of you,
and i know, 
it'll be alright soon. 






By Jessica John Poskođź’—



Comments