Poetry: Heavy Shoulders

HEAVY SHOULDERS


ᐈ Love couples stock pictures, Royalty Free couples in love ...



I
i like how you bring peace with your presence
peace that i longed for 
since the birth of my soul
wonder if you felt it too
perhaps you didn't know
i've always adored that twinkle in your smile 
and that quirky laugh you give
at my silly puns up my sleeves
as we tease each other 
in warm embrace
my dear
can we just stay like this?

II
like the cold flowing waters of the river,
and drops of precious sweet honey 
gliding through my fingers,
endless were the stories 
your gentle lips would utter
adventures of one far too many
and somehow i got lost among those words
when sorrow radiates through your brown eyes
painting its dark shades of gloom
yearning to be freed of despair
i knew this silence amidst this sadness
is heavy at every beating of your heart
for they spoke in your tears
but i would never mention them
never
for the past is anything but memories
cheers to the pain that brought us here
one as a whole


III 
my dear
let those salty drops fall over your cheeks
for i've heard your cries of desolation
echoing through the corners of my mind
for my spirit lives in yours
through the stormy nights
and especially through the bright sunny days
times fleets by so swiftly
so smile love,
as i share my shoulders with you
to rest your woes of your burden, 
and laugh merrily with arms wide open
i'll be right behind you
always. 




By Jessica John Posko 

Insta: @poetrychips 



Comments