Poetry: Silver Linings



SILVER LININGS


                                             
                                                    




i heard the caged bird sing the other day
a place where silence was once heard
oh how sweetly hope echoed 
through these coloured four walls
my heart found rest
in its lullaby
rest that was long waited for 
through these trying years


i saw the blue skies tearing down
from the grey heavy clouds of May
and at each large drop of rain
i felt its burden on my shoulders
releasing its freights of discontent with mankind
through its showers of moisture
perhaps its telling me to let go
of my days' woes 
and so i cried with it
salty tears 
each filled with mellow stories
rolled towards the concrete
flawlessly over pale cheeks
but something strange happened 
gloomy skies disappeared
through the silver linings
i saw an eagle 
soaring through the rainbow
as the Sun opened its gates 
and the gentle wind grazed my skin

then it occurred to me
the sliver linings of my skies
are left for me to find 





By Jessica John Posko








 

Comments