Poetry: The Sun and the Moon

The Sun and the Moon




did you know?
i never once believed i was worthy of this
it is as if i've tasted raw honey on my tongue
in the sweetest most purest form
your scent lingers on every pollen of flower i see
and with the gust of the monsoon wind 
it brings along with it the seeds of warm endearments

you see love, 
darkness was once my light
and these tears were mere peace offerings
to the loneliness that befriended me in remote solitude
oh how mellow the wasteful days flew by
i wish i had met your soul before hurt did
but i think a broken heart was all that was needed to get to you after all
maybe they were right
you ought to be lost for you to be found isn't? 
thank you 


for now i tell you, 
locked doors never seem to anguish me anymore 
darkness never visited me these days
and loneliness has somehow departed
for these tears only come in joy and exuberance 
since you arrived
this mammoth of love you give me
sings my soul to sleep through the nights
how can i rightfully call you as my beloved?
when i wish to give you nothing
but; just all of my life
only everything from the finest first drawn wine
to the last drop of sterling gold 
in the truthful words of my hearts bed
take my body
for this divine unblemished chastity of my womanhood
is the only part of me that's left untouched
my body is my home 
and still it isn't enough
for you are the moon to my days
and the Sun to my nights 


By Jessica John Poskođź’— J.J. Posko

Insta: @poetrychips
  

Comments