Poetry: Forgetting Things

Forgetting Things



                                                 Old Couple Together - DIY Diamond Painting | Couple painting, Old ...



i'm forgetting things
things that aren't supposed to leave me
like your enormous smile
you'd give when i tickle your stomach
or how your eyes whisper
as they gaze into my entire universe 
divine brown 
coated love of gold
glittering warmth 
shall i dance with my lashes?
on those soft creases of your lids
as i sing with my soul
and fingers through your thick black mane
while i sway to the velvety tune
the night sky stars are flickering to
all while laying on your comforting lap
let's just stay this way
till i remember you again

i'm forgetting things
like how your cheeks blushed
when i kissed you for the first time
drunk
i peeked through that woolen beard
you thought i didn't notice
if it wasn't for that red wine
i'd never know how gentle your hands felt in mine
that mellow night under the moon
by the river
or like the random witty puns 
that never failed to graze my spirits
oh my dashing Mr Funny Bones
i'm scared love
i hope you tell me these stories 
as my night's lullaby
with our beautiful children 
if i ever did forget these treasured memories
we happily made all on our own
someday
for this i say to you
that will be the day i shall pass
with your honeyed memories in my soul
and my beloved heart in yours


By Jessica John













 


Comments