Poetry: Mad World

Mad World


Mad World – Iza the Chameleon





have i lost myself?
i thought i'd survive the drowning
of which i asked for myself
no, i did not go into the waters
on my own accord
pushed at the edge of my board
where i stood


i plead for a reprieve
an escapade away from the mainlands
perhaps i'm better off forlorn
locked with words of thoughts
voices of my heart
a feeble spine 
what a pity
tears of my fears
that comes by far too easily
prone to the stillness of night
the soft pillows 
of which this restless mind rests
carries the stories of my dreams
none has ever heard of
it's better this way
who would want to be drowned
with chaotic secrets
isn't it enough 
insanity of the world 
as it brings 
the first cry of a newborn
saddens me 
simple
like a pure white cloth thrown into a dirty laundry
welcome to the world little one
they whisper
afterall, 'you wanted to have me
i did not ask of this'
anti-natalism you say
maybe then
children wouldn't be homeless and hungry
discriminated of their 'cursed' skin colour
wars didn't displace families
wailing tears of mother Earth wouldn't have gone in vain
all because of money
filthy isn't

Gary Jules was right,


mad world







By Jessica John Posko





Comments