Poetry: Rest of My Days

Rest of My Days


Pin by Um Waheb on art | Romantic art, Cute couple art, Love drawings




rippled waves kissed the sea shores
leaving spumes of white foams along the coast
remains of decaying algae
scattered over the glistening golden sands 
as we strolled,
fingers intertwined
burying footprints of time
teasing the cold waters 
with rolled up jeans
serenity
ocean breeze brushed through my tresses
and your brown beige skin
inviting these lips to caress the edges of yours
with lean fingers grazing the back of your spine
stars were astoundingly bright that night
the moon shed its warmth 
perched and peeked right above the calm Southern sea
never felt this way
the first
and you were there 
with arms safely enveloped 
around my dainty frame
shoulders, high enough to rest my heavy thoughts 
thank you
i've never wanted much
just a bearded soul 
to share marvels of this lifetime
for the rest of my living days



By Jessica John Posko - J.J. Posko

Instagram: @poetrychips





Comments