Singapore Poetry Festival 2020 - Catharsis Poetry Recital



    Singapore Poetry Festival 2020

Shortlisted for Catharsis themed Submission







And we're back at it again. Last year I recited a poetry entitled 'The Pink Rose' and recited it during the Singapore Poetry Festival 2019 at the National Arts Gallery. It was truly an amazing moment to be up the stage and recite one of my originally written poetry, accompanied by the alluding strums of the guitar in the background. Unforgettable it was!

     This year, the Covid-19 situation has been taking over most of our lives and it made it tough on everyone. We had to do it with as little people involved as possible so as to maintain safe social distancing and take precautionary measures curb the spread of the virus. Therefore, this years' Singapore's Poetry Festival 2020 was indeed something different where we had a chance to be in front of the camera and broad telecast-ed live for our beloved family and friends to watch from the comfort of their homes. Although it was a little bummer, it was an exciting time as everyone was fully supportive of this and tuned in to watch the live telecast. Certainly, it was an honor and a blessing to be there and share my personal poetries with the world. Thank you all for your support! Here's the full poetry recited entitled 'AND IF':



And if he leaves before me,
Then it's alright,
I'll live knowing he was all I needed,
And if you feel that I’m not what you’re looking for,
Forgive me my dear this is all I am nothing more,
If still acceptance and love is left at your closed door,
I will go taking only what’s left of us with my heart
sore,
Despite this deep pain and the soul you tore,  
I know God’s merciful and I deserved much more

Wonder what the stars whisper at night,
Would they be in awe of the Earthly beings,
Or would they laugh at all the atrocities, 
Oh, how beautiful are the leaves of May,
Withering delicately onto the rich wet soil of life's
harbour

And if scavenging this Earth,
Brings me nothing but desolation, I shall embrace that
very silence,
With spirit free from unneeded expectations,
and mind opened wide as a vacant book

Waiting seems harder by the day,
When time appears to get older,
Creating memories to remember and only stories to share,
Wicked are the hands of the clock, ticking without
a pause,
While you lay helplessly longing for the past,
Cry,
Cry now,
Release the sorrow of time,
Wipe it away with your tears,
That is all left to do

I knew I loved you, when you came to see me that night,

Sad how we fell through,

Only memories now left to write

And if I refuse to forgive,
His scornful betrayal to my love,
Heavens would understand why,
For it isn't easy to let go the hurt,
The long torture to my existence,
Would it heal the permanent scars of my soul?
Or would it erase the pain I felt at each breath?
This I am unready for,
Only time will tell.



By Jessica John Posko



Here's a video of my poetry entitled 'AND IF' performed live:





Thank you for watching! Please do comment, like & subscribe for more! Love you!

Comments