Poetry: On Paper

On Paper





i've started writing again

heavy mind, astrayed heart 

on blank thin sheets 

made up from pulp of wood, paper, 

tears suddenly came

and washed away yesterday's dust

rested on my pale cheeks

paintings on the wall turned grey

vivid colours faded into dark ponder

emotions slowly ate up my words

i long to tell but swallowed

they then linger in silence

round and round in circles

feeding onto my soul

whispering instead

in the corners of my head

sometimes they get cold

the voices,

that my shadows they cover in gloom

thrown a blanket of bleak tomorrow

and that's when i turn to words, again

heavy mind, astrayed heart 

on blank thin sheets 

made up from pulp of wood, paper, 

and all at once a breath of hope 

rustles through laden doors

that were once closed in the corners

of my head

now open, guileless 

awaiting my seat on 

the throne of content

i am enough



By Jessica John Posko 💗 J.J Posko


Instagram: @poetrychips





Comments