Poetry: You are Home

You are Home





your reflection called me
the other day by the bookstore
amongst the pages on our favorite aisle
right where you planted kisses 
on my bare forehead, blushing cheeks
paperbacks of purple, yellow and red 
pulled my hands at reach
it read the kind of love the trees sing
corners of my eyes stole a glimpse
of your warm presence in secret
under the dim yellow fairy lights
blanket of fond memories
snuggled fragments of my broken pieces
cozy like hot chocolate, with cream,
so much more
you were, home

heard our song playing
on the radio the other day,
speakers across the hall
of my abode echoed them
window panes of cold silver
drew a picture of 
clouds that poured my thoughts 
away on black tar road
and green fields of flowers,
overgrown wild bramble
mellow
and on that porcelain vase
by the altar
where your flowers lay
watered by memories
greeted hello
humming the kind of love the trees sing
ironic isn't 
this fickle heart reads you everywhere  
how can i forget my dreams?
my dear,
I love you more than I can say
so much more,
you are home



By Jessica John Posko 💗 J.J. Posko
Instagram: @poetrychips






Comments