Whispering Nights

Whispering Nights



Honey,
these feet had walked through
rough waves of living days
fingers grazed through
scorching words of bitter hearts
pigments of my vision
had seen grim
absolute absence of light
eyes that shed waters of my ache
sooth the burns of 


So how then,
Could you possibly think
those hurtful words whispered 
on your very tongue that kissed my skin
ruins this empire I've built 
fallen and risen beyond time
the throne I'm seated on
oh honey
this bejewelled crown will never 
touch this mortal ground 
just like your empty promises
that were never fulfilled
Maybe the stairways to heaven were misplaced
Oh Lord show me how to love again
A peace
A peace of mind
Sounds of anger buries my soul
A kind of rage 
I've never met in my past life
Perhaps I've taken after mother
Always silent, silently sad
Now I'm at my lowest
Sanity comes and goes 
But mostly leaves me in mindless time
Drowned in frustrated regrets
Perhaps the good times have 
long bid it's farewell
Drifted now of this black hole so deep
It lingers in my mellows
Takes the shape of my shadows
I can't breath
I could hear what you're going to say
Bright lights are up my way, No,
The saffron curtains are closing in,
winds of fury's rather strong
Slow it down a little my God,
Some love were made for the Sun
Some are locked up in steel locks
Can I go back to bed now
I've laid my words bear

Slow it down a little
Can you



By Jessica John Posko ♥️ J.J. Posko
Instagram: @poetrychips











Comments