Poetry: December Breeze

December Breeze





December breeze brushed through the thin layer of linen covering this skin
Of navy blue and pink polka dots
The rain last night washed away the soil by the pavement, now sand lingers around
Cold shivers welcomed these hands
Wrapping them around this body
Warm,
Just like my love, his sweet kisses,

Tiny white petals of Jasmine so elegantly perked by the bushes along where I walked
Greeted me,
Reminding me of hope beneath dark stormy skies above my head

I'd like to think I'm blessed, in this lifetime,
One, for the selfless first woman and man I've ever met from womb, 
My sweet mother and stellar father,
Second, the blood born annoyance that got me through withered times, when tears became unbearable,
And the third, 
Well, I'd like to think it's destiny, perhaps a sprinkle of lucky charm,
A pinch of fairy dust by my pillows,
But mostly the prayers of mother at night, as she'd like me to believe, 
For the man by my arms, walking through this fickle mind, witty days and quirky laughs
Kindles the possibilities didn't know existed at the depth of my despair
Hope,

Despite sadness that flooded my yesterdays
My cup of life feels full, overflowing in love abundance
Gratitude I'd give now, I can't thank him enough, how shall I do so?
Bear our children from the blood of my womb, your guiding light by their side, father to my children,
Or shall I caress your tired shoulders with affection, dine your heart with food made of these hands,
Whatever it shall be, my dear, thank you











Comments