Poetry: Love Unasked

                                                   Love Unasked





the lines over my mother's forehead

reminds me of the harsh rivers we swam across

and grappling mountains we clambered

when storms of disparity crushed through our way

where misery accompanied us on our sunless days

i'll always remember father's laughter

as we read our travailing stories

one too many aloud for the Gods to hear

the wrinkles on the corners of his mouth

never failed to kindle a speck of joy

watering the floors of our dried soul

when our tears, they ran out

sleepless moons taught me lullabies

he used to sing 

patting my heavy laden head

on the comfort of his lap

love, 

This i know,

the one that came unasked

expecting nothing 

but everything good under the Sun

to fill my cup 

in the years after them

till our last breath


my dear amma & appa




By Jessica John Posko

Instagram: @poetrychips




 


Comments