Poetry: Beneath these Mask

 Beneath these Mask








He passed 
On the expressway 
In the mid afternoon
Of a busy midweek
Traffic was flowing
Like it normally would
Life was happening 
Like it usually does
Wonder where it all went wrong

I saw a mother wail 
Over her son's sleeping body, 
peacefully
Adorned with flowers, garlands of many
I saw a father, comforting his son 
With a banner of his favourite band
He loved playing the bagpipes
Guess he's taking it with him
I saw a brother, 
planting an archer bow by his side
Reminding him to continue his passion
Beyond the light and stars above
I saw a sister weeping through her heart
As she placed her hands over his forehead
Despite the scars and bruises
I saw an uncle, standing by the coffin 
In silence, trying to stay strong 
Merely pulling it together
I saw an aunt, clasping her hands as one
praying to the Gods above with her tears
I saw a best friend, 
Whose spirits were broken
Yet led the funeral with only hope

Hoping he's in a better place now
Hoping they'd find peace amidst this darkness
Hoping he'd visit him in his dreams
Telling stories with a cup a chai
Like they usually do

Beneath these masks
Just hoping 





In loving memory of an amazing friend
Gur Sevak

By Jessica John Posko
Instagram: @poetrychips





Comments