Poetry: Run


                                                                  Run 

Run, keep running,
Or they might hear you near,
Don't let them smell of your fear,
Get away now, far, far away from here,
You'll only get your weak heart pierced with a spear,
and you'll be torn, broken to your bones my dear,
Listen, I know it's always been you to persevere,
Through our darkest times you were sincere,
Please now, don't shed a tear,
We've got to stay strong or their shadows we'll lure,
No matter what day or month or year,
Keep me in your memories clear,
and in your soulful prayer,
I promise in your dreams I'll appear,
Hushhh now, they might hear,
Don't speak of anything that had occur,
They'd never understand what only grows like a tumor,
Now, patience and courage is what you'll require,
These living pain we must endure




By Jessica John Posko 💗

Comments

  1. hope it feels better after letting your thoughts out on the internet. :) Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment